[6pack] Overdrive Controller (Retry)

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Overdrive Controller (Retry)
From: <osternd@copper.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 18:08:16 -0700
Please forgive the multiple failed attempts at posting this - I think
the copy and paste from Word caused some issues with the server, or
perhaps the rich text of my mail program  ??

Ok - hopefully it works this time.  My original message -

Hey Guys,

Hope I'm not breaching any list etiquette here, but thought I'd
introduce a new overdrive controller to the 6-pack list to see if
there's any interest -

A little history:  I'm a long time lurker on the list and own several
Triumphs and other British cars, some with overdrives.  I got tired
of the usual inadvertent OD engagement every time I drove my cars,
and set out to design a controller to alleviate the problem.  I've
dedicated a lot of resources toward this to get it right, and finally
developed something that I'm happy with and feel is worth sharing
with the LBC community.

The details:  The controller is a very small (less than 1 cu in)
three wire unit (2 bullet type connectors and a ground lug) and
features  two LEDs for wiring verification and troubleshooting.
Installation is straightforward and goes between the transmission
tunnel kidney pads.  The unit should work with all overdrives, though
right now I'm focusing on the TR250/TR6 A and J type.

The controller works with existing components - no extra switch is
required.   Operation  of  the overdrive is as before the
controller,  but  the od is locked from engagement whenever the
transmission  is  shifted into neutral.  The overdrive will not
re-engage  until transmission is shifted back into an overdrive
compatible gear (3rd or 4th and 2nd for A-type), and the overdrive
switch is cycled off then on (or just on if previously off).  I'm
currently  using  this  in  my own TR6, and it makes a world of
difference in the operation of the overdrive - something the factory
should  have  done  from  the beginning, though the (practical)
technology probably wasn't available at the time.

I've   included   some   pictures   of   the  controller  at  :
http://tinyurl.com/od-control

Any questions - please ask.  $45 plus shipping ($4.95 US).  Email at
od_cntl@hotmail.com  -  should  also work with Paypal if you're
interested in ordering -

Thanks for your time (and patience!)

Dale Osterndorf