Re: [6pack] was steering wheel--now Barn Find For Sale

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, oliver
Subject: Re: [6pack] was steering wheel--now Barn Find For Sale
From: ed <bratt@sasktel.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 22:31:13 -0600
Vance:

>Much better than paying $330 for a NOS wheel, which is what the last one
>went for on eBay.

 Wow!  that is a shocker.

I have a decent steering wheel on my 1970 TR6 which is an authentic barn
find  having spent 20 years in a real barn.   I was thinking of selling the
whole car, but maybe it would be worthwhile to dismantle it.  It has 59,000+
miles on the odo.   It has no motor or transmission., has tires that hold
air, (even the one redline tire), the top is shot, and upholstery is poor,
(except for the passenger seat).  The only rust spot is a small hole or two
under the pedals and a bit of rust around  the battery box.  The rockers are
solid and rust free..  The body is straight, with here is a little damage to
the front edge of the right
fender., and a small ding in the lip of the left rear fender, all fenders
are solid..  The hood (bonnet) has had a hole cut for a scoop.   The front
bumper is good, useable, but not show quality.  The rear bumper side pieces
are real good, but the center section has rust.  The dash has all its
instruments, and the dash seems to have survived the decades best of all.
Because it has so little rust, it might be a candidate for someone doing a
restoration.

I am asking $1800 for the car.  Any thoughts on dismantling a 1970 TR6
rather than selling the whole car?
It is located just 2 hours drive straight north of Plentywood, Montana.

All opinions are welcome.  For  some photos email bratt (at) sasktel.net
Ed Bratt
Regina, Saskatchewan
Canada, S4S6J3

6pack@autox.team.net