[6pack] Steering Wheel

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Steering Wheel
From: Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 17:47:43 -0400
> Oliver wrote:

> the steering wheel on our 72, which might be original (who knows!) is the
> rubber over metal.  there is about a 3" crack in the rubber.  is there a
>  way I can patch that without replacing the whole wheel?  is there a way of
>  replacing all the rubber at once?  (pulease don't tell me to get one of
>  those covers you tie with lanyard . . .)

Oliver,

I received my Wheelskins steering wheel cover for my TR3 today and it took
about an hour to install. It looks great, just like my TR4. Cost was 49 +
postage.

The TR3 wheel is a 16.5 inch diameter wheel so I believe a 6 wheel is much
shorter so it would be a little easier to install.

The procedure is very straight forward you just have to do one stitch at a
time and really pull them tight!

Let me know if you want a photo.

Bob

6pack@autox.team.net