[6pack] TR6 frame repair

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] TR6 frame repair
From: "James E. Long" <longroadhomefarm@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:25:35 -0500
Gentlemen,

I have a 74.5 mimosa/chestnut which I purchased from the original owner in
Rapid City, SD in 1986 while on active duty in the USAF.  Rust was found in
the trailing arms in  1990, during bushing replacement.  I was in Washington
DC at the time and had little time and no facilities to do the
repair.myself.  I left it up to the repair shop and they basically just
welded plate over the frame, a quick and dirty repair to say the least.  I
now have much more time and want to do the repair right.  While I covet a
new Ratco frame I would like to save old frame if possible, silly
sentimental value I guess.  I can pull the body and easily deliver the bare
frame to a shop.  Can anyone recommend a shop in the central Midwest, I live
about 1.5 hours south of St. Louis.
Thanks,
Jim Long

6pack@autox.team.net