Re: [6pack] TR6 Headlight Dimmer Swith

To: Wayne Lee <wayne@motorcarriage.com>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 Headlight Dimmer Swith
From: "Foster, Stan (HP IT)" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 23:40:40 +0000
Wayne, the wiring from the OD, turn and dimmer switches all pass through the
rear steering column bracket. There is a small trough in the lower half of
that bracket that is lined with felt and the cables get pretty much clamped in
there. The only proper way to do this job in my experience is to remove the
tach and speedo, remove both upper and lower parts of the rear bracket,
replace switch(es) as needed, re-route the wires back through the trough and
re-assemble the rear bracket making sure no wires get pinched.

This is not as bad as it sounds and it would normally take me about an hour
from start to finish.

Some people decide that is too much work and just tape the wires to the column
and feed them under the dash.

With just the turn signal and dimmer switch it is not too cramped in that
tunnel but when you add the OD wires there is barely enough room for it all to
fit.

Stan