Re: [6pack] Odometer Gear

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Odometer Gear
From: Douglas Morris <dcmdcm@nc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 21:08:41 -0400
Bob,
Yeah, thanks. I checked with West Valley and Nisonger, yesterday.
Neither sells parts, just overhauls.
I followed your link a couple days ago and found the problem all by my
fat-thumbed self.
It's just a stripped odo driven-worm gear.
The rest of the instrument is like new (white dust and o-ring rot
notwithstanding).
Simple fix, if I had the part.

I reckon finding an old speedo will just have the same gear problem.

Haven't quite gotten to the make-a-gear option, yet.
Might have to break-out my gunsmithing tools, eventually, though.
Oh, wait ... I have a box of old watches and wind-up toys. I wonder if ...

Doug Morris, NC '74 TR-6
.

On Sep 9, 2010, at 8:12 PM, Bob Danielson wrote:

> I have no idea is they sell parts but you might want to give Morris a call
at West Valley Instruments and ask him. There's a bunch of 6-Pack guys who
have had their instruments rebuilt by him in the past 18 months.
http://www.westvalleyinstruments.com/

> There's a link to a pdf on rebuilding your speedo at the bottom of this
page. Maybe it will help.
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/SpeedometerCalibration.htm

> Bob Danielson
> 1975 TR6 CF38503U