Re: [6pack] Gas in the oil?

To: John North <johncnorth@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Gas in the oil?
From: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:59:00 GMT
John---I wouldn't try running the engine for long with so much gas diluting the
oil. To help find the source, I'd first pinch off the fuel line to the carbs
and drain the pan. Put the pan plug back in for an hour or so, then remove the
plug again.  See if gas still comes out in the pan. If it still comes out (and
the tank is still at least half full) the fuel pump diaphragm is likely the
source of the leak. Otherwise, suspect that you have a stuck needle in the
float chamber. Follow Berry's suggestion as to which carb.

Dick

6pack@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive