Re: [6pack] Electric fuel pump - was Gas in Oil

To: John North <johncnorth@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Electric fuel pump - was Gas in Oil
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:53:29 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

This one will work:

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/1738/Facet_Fuel_Pumps

I haven't bought one in a while (about 10 years) but that's because the
ones I'm using are still working after all that time. That's about 60 k
miles on the street car!

If you shop around, these pumps are available from a number of sources.
Just get the 1.5-4.5 psi jobbie, not the other one (which is 3 - 6 psi).

You should run a regulator and I like the in-line filters that Purolator
sells (1/8 NPT with a hose barb on the other end) - they work great at
catching the crap from the bottom of your fuel tank - just change once a
year or so.

I gave up on the mechanical pump when I was running Webers and when I
switched back to ZS carbs, I kept the electric fuel pump.

You can easily mount the pump on the wheel well near the shock mount on
the driver side. The location, using the described pump, is almost
obvious.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
2010 NER Solo Chair                            |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489

6pack@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums