[6pack] Possible block cracks

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Possible block cracks
From: John Johnson <john70350@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 00:44:44 +0000
Hey All,
            I wanted to get some quick feedback regarding some small possible
cracks I found while disassembling a 2.0 liter GT6 engine I have. The hairline
cracks are on the lifter galley side and run toward the lifter galley and not
toward the cylinders. I spoke to someone very knowledgeable in these engines
and he said he has not seen this although he mainly works with TR6 engines.
Has anyone seen anything like this before? Is this a very rare occurrence? The
rest of the engine looks great and the head gasket looked fine. I have
pictures if you want a closer look. Any feedback would be helpful.

                                       Thanks,
                                    John Johnson
                                   Columbus, Ohio

6pack@autox.team.net