[6pack] Camshaft poll

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Camshaft poll
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 06:07:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hello 6-pack,

I'm in the process of laying out the rebuild of my 6-cyl and am trying to
decide which cam I should use.  I know this is a grey area for many people and
opinion is easier than fact, but I would like to tap into the experiences of
the members to help me decide which one I should choose.

This is going to be for a street car, with lost of winding roads and not much
highway running. Here's what I've chosen so far:  I have the late model engine
- which will be balanced and blueprinted, with an aluminum flywheel; I plan on
the 1.65:1 roller rocker setup; I'll be adding EFI (haven't decided on a system
yet, but leaning towards MPI over TBI) & an EDIS system; 6-3-1 headers w/
free-flow exhaust system. I already have an A-Type overdrive for those times I
will be cruising at higher speeds.

My early favorites are the TR5 profile, Richard Good's GP2 or TSI's S-2. If you
have another cam you're really happy with, please suggest it, or give me your
experiences with the above.

Thanks in advance,

Raymond L. Hatfield

6pack@autox.team.net