Re: [6pack] SU Needle Selection

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] SU Needle Selection
From: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 13:07:33 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks Dick.   Berry Price emailed to say he gets 26 MPG on freeway with
similar
mods and BAG needles.   With this and Vance's explanation, I conclude
I'm paying
a mileage and emissions penalty with the TR5 cam. No emissions
test in my area.
 I may try the BAG needles, but its likely not my biggest
issue.   My plugs
have okay colour.   I have a ColorTune for setting mixture.
My cam grinder said that this was the performance re-grind he could give me
with
my earlier  stock cam.   In retrospect I should have done more research
and
spent the extra $ for a brand new cam with a more modern profile.  Next
rebuild.

In defence of the PI cam I will say that all heck starts to breaks
loose about
2600 rpm!

Bruce Simms
73 TR6