Re: [6pack] TR250 oil pressure update

To: "<taylorturbo@yahoo.com>" <taylorturbo@yahoo.com>, fot@autox.team.net, "<6pack@autox.team.net>" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR250 oil pressure update
From: Andy Packard <apackard68@att.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 17:35:41 -0700
Thanks Dick. We've isolated it to be either water or head gasket as you said.
The head gets super hot at 202 deg witht he block at 150 or less. Water is
flowing rapidly through the radiator but then boils over after a few minutes
of 1500-2000 rpm idling.
I just pulled the water pump housing and I'm trying to figure the next move.
Water system bubbled but does not burp even with thermostat removed.

Andy Packard
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 1, 2013, at 11:40 AM, Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
wrote:

> Andy --- I'm reasonably certain you have an air lock in the cooling system.
Try removing the thermostat and running the engine. Look for air bubbles
returning to the top of the radiator. If bubbles are present, continue running
the engine till they're gone. Use a portable fan in front of the grill opening
to keep the engine cool, if needed, during this exercise.

> Another possibility, tho rare, would be if something about the head gasket
isn't allowing the coolant to circulate.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/tr6taylor@webtv.net