Re: [6pack] 6pack Digest, Vol 5, Issue 134

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] 6pack Digest, Vol 5, Issue 134
From: Jimandruthhome@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 02:03:56 -0500 (EST)
Full-name: Jimandruthhome
Quite a long time ago now, I had what seemed to be a head gasket  failure,
and may well have been. Whatever the cause, in remedying it my  machinist
found a crack between exhaust and intake in one combustion  chamber.  The
valve seats are a little too close together. This  seems to be a fairly common
problem.  It's fixable with TIG welding  followed by stress relief.  I'm
still running the same head 30 years  later.

Jim Knight, '71 TR6

I took it to the machine shop they found
cracks in a couple  places between the exhaust and intake valves, I guess a
somewhat common  occurrence.  Greg Lemon