Re: [6pack] I need a measurement

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [6pack] I need a measurement
From: David Friedlander <forzion7@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 21:21:48 -0500
Cc: fot@autox.team.net, 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Bob;

I rebuilt my the engine on my 74-1/2 this fall (engine overheat) and still
have the old gasket. The fire rings on my used gasket varies in thickness
across the cylinders from 0.065 to 0.072". I had my head decked and they
removed 0.009. A new Payen gasket worked fine. I never gave a second
thought to the fire ring thickness and would suspect you have nothing to
worry about.

Cheers and Happy New Year!!

Dave Friedlander