[6pack] TR-6 Carb question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, jpaynepbr@cox.net, Steve Kennedy <triumph971@aol.com>
Subject: [6pack] TR-6 Carb question
From: wcwellbaum--- via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 02:18:22 +0000 (GMT)
My '75 TR-6 will run well until it warms up and will then drop down to
the rear three cylinders with spitting and popping out the exhaust.

Following is a list of what I've tried to correct my problem:

New:
Dizzy cap, rotor, points,  ign. wires, coil, capacitor, plugs.

Relatively new fuel pump, and a new fuel filter. Plenty of fuel being
pumped into both carbs.

Carbs:  took them apart and cleaned all parts.  Replaced the Grose jets
and diaphragms.  Took the bi-metal thingies apart and cleaned them out
and reassembled.   Set the float levels.  Using 20 weight oil in the
dashpots.
Used compressed air to flush all fuel lines and can hear gurgling in the
gas tank.  Float bowels are squeaky clean.  Carbs were rebuilt by
Roadster Factory several years ago.  All this work have resulted in NO
correction of the problem.

Put new fuel filter on today and it fired right up.  Idled smoothly for
about 5-8 minutes and dropped down to the rear 3 pots.  Still have spark
to the front cylinders.

Don't have any overheating symptoms and don't smell any anti-freeze or
the smell associated with overheating issues.  I've been trying to
correct the problem for about 3 months now and have run out of ideas on
what it could be.

Does NOT seem to be electrical in nature but DOES seem to be heat
related.  As is, runs fine till warm.  Another Club mate suggested the
bi-metal gizmos may have something to do with my problem.  Any ideas?

Clue:  If I have spark to the three front cylinders and and I have
gasoline being pumped into the front carb what would cause the three
front cylinders to stop firing when warmed up.  Need Help!

Bill Wellbaum
British Auto Club of Las Vegas