Re: [6pack] fuel problem

To: Andrew Uprichard <auprichard@uprichard.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] fuel problem
From: James_ via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 02:34:54 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
I agree - only because I just went through the nightmare of fuel in my oil pan.
I feel dumb for not picking up on all the signs!
It was only when it started (after sitting to allow the fuel to evaporate
enough) and then a shower of oil/fuel came out from between the valve cover and
engine. And it was a mess!
Prior to the eruption, I would smell fuel but my nose quickly became immune to
the smell. And I never thought of checking the oil. Ugh.
It was a faulty (rebuilt no less) diaphram in the fuel pump. I should have just
bought a NEW one.

The only sign it was bad was the center pin turned freely. It should not. I
didnâ??t see any tears but that was the issue. Check it out.

â??Sent from my Atari 2600â??