Re: [6pack] More brakes

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] More brakes
From: Bob via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 12:02:49 -0400

--------------81B018C9316A45D1D3ED4D25

Rick,

There used to be someone on Ebay that repaired those units. You buy a
rebuilt one and turn in your old one as a core. Not sure if the service
exists today but worth a look.

My rebuilt one is leak free for 10 years with Dot 5.

Bob

On 8/2/19 8:33 AM, Richard Lindsay via 6pack wrote:
> Hey all,
>    Today, before the Houston heat grows too great, I hope to address
> the rear brake hydraulics on my '75 TR6 project car. Specifically, I
> will inspect all of the pipes, flush them clean, then replace the rear
> flex hose. Work from the distribution block on to the new slave
> cylinders has already been completed.
>    I already finished work on the front system and cleaned up the
> area. Here's how it looks now. (Remember, this is to be a nice driver,
> not a show car.)
>
> http://aubard.us/75_Triumph/20190731_103230.jpg
>
>    The switch on the pressure differential warning system, is bad and
> the piston seals leak. Until replacement parts can be sourced, the
> switch port is sealed with a short 3/8-fine bolt and a thick rubber
> washer. Doing so leaves the system a straight through junction, if
> with a tiny bit of leakage between chambers.
>
> Rick

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/yellowtr@adelphia.net

--------------81B018C9316A45D1D3ED4D25

  <head>
  </head>
      buy a rebuilt one and turn in your old one as a core. Not sure if
      the service exists today but worth a look.</p>
      6pack wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAOc+-dwTQjVpk5h075S4SbupSK-khV-SnrLoy+S2hQsZ_=Bhqw@mail.gmail.com">
          great, I hope to address the rear brake hydraulics on my '75
          TR6 project car. Specifically, I will inspect all of the
          pipes, flush them clean, then replace the rear flex hose. Work
          from the distribution block on to the new slave cylinders has
          already been completed.</div>
          and cleaned up the area. Here's how it looks now. (Remember,
          this is to be a nice driver, not a show car.)<br>
              href="http://aubard.us/75_Triumph/20190731_103230.jpg";

moz-do-not-send="true">http://aubard.us/75_Triumph/20190731_103230.jpg</a><br>
            warning system, is bad and the piston seals leak. Until
            replacement parts can be sourced, the switch port is sealed
            with a short 3/8-fine bolt and a thick rubber washer. Doing
            so leaves the system a straight through junction, if with a
            tiny bit of leakage between chambers.</div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:6pack@autox.team.net";>6pack@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"