[6pack] Head Removal-Block and Head Offer

To: TR3 Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Head Removal-Block and Head Offer
From: Robert Rochlin via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 17:28:35 -0400
        I rebuilt my â??72 TR6 about 5 years ago.  I did about What Jomac
recommends.  I increased the compression to about 9.25, installed a Goodparts
GP 2 cam and put in .20 over pistons.  With great help form Bob Lang, Jay Welch
and a little advice from Richard Good I got an excellent result.  The engine
runs strong, idles well and runs at a consistent normal temperature. I did add
a carburetor heat shield to get an consistent idle on hot days or when coming
off the highway to slow traffic. Iâ??m running the stock ZS carbs.
        Jay gave me a block including the head.  I believe that both are usable
and the internals were in good condition.. I did use the crank shaft  in the
rebuild. What did puzzle me, try as I might I could not break loose the head
from the block. I tried wedging in a stiff wide blade paint scraper which I was
able to work between the head and the block, but since I didnâ??t need the
block or head I gave up as I didnâ??t want to damage either one by gouging
them.  I can only guess that the last person to do the head used some kind of
gasket sealer that has become dried and very adhesive.
        If any one on the list wishes to have the block/head please let me
know, of course no charge, but you must pick up.  The machine shop I used
assured me that they could remove the head.

        Best,
        Bob
        â??72 TR6