Re: [6pack] New Master Cylinder locking up

To: "im_sloane@hotmail.com" <im_sloane@hotmail.com>, "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] New Master Cylinder locking up
From: DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 15:14:14 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_386872_726407279.1636038854874

 Sounds like a problem with the tipping valve that provides a path to the r=
eservoir.=C2=A0 When the pedal is depressed the piston in the MC will move =
allowing the tipping valve to close off allowing pressure to build up and o=
perate the brakes.=C2=A0 When the pedal is released the piston returns (or,=
 at least it is supposed to, return to its retracted position and will oper=
ate the tipping valve to release pressure to the reservoir.=C2=A0 If that v=
alve does not open pressure can build up due to heat causing the brake flui=
d to expand.=C2=A0=20

If the piston, or rather the seals, are sticking in the bore the piston may=
 not be retracting sufficiently to open the tipping valve.=C2=A0 They may w=
ear in but they shouldn't have to for proper operation.=C2=A0=20
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20