Re: [6pack] Throttle Linkage ?S? Connectors

To: Tomislav Marincic <tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Throttle Linkage ?S? Connectors
From: rmf3860 rmf3860 <bobfabie@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 07:49:10 -0600
Cc: 6pack@autox.team.net

--00000000000004678f05d18920ea

Thanks Tom. I have a heat deflector. I bought it many years ago.
Considering the slop in my throttle linkage, I decided to order a
replacement from Richard at Goodparts.

Bob Fabie

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 6:36 AM Tomislav Marincic <
tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hello Robert,
>
> I'll snap you a photo of the barrel linkage in place. One of them works,
> but if I recall correctly, there was no way to use two and get them
> installed without removing the carbs and linkage.
>
> I Jet Hot coated both of my manifolds, and wrapped the exhaust header in
> Thermo-Tec exhaust tape. The Jet Hot keeps the manifolds looking nice, an=
> keeps the header from corroding, but it won't cure your fuel cook-off
> problems. Your best bet is one of Joe Alexander's heat shields, which I
> think are being sold through Moss as well.
> https://mossmotors.com/aluminum-heat-shield-by-a-r-e-for-zenith-stromberg=
-carbs?utm_source=3Dfeed&utm_medium=3Dfree&utm_campaign=3Dshopping&gclid=3D=
EAIaIQobChMI4v7154Cx9AIVhcqGCh0tWAy8EAQYAiABEgKXSPD_BwE
> (
> https://mossmotors.com/aluminum-heat-shield-by-a-r-e-for-zenith-stromberg=
-carbs?utm_source=3Dfeed&utm_medium=3Dfree&utm_campaign=3Dshopping&gclid=3D=
EAIaIQobChMI4v7154Cx9AIVhcqGCh0tWAy8EAQYAiABEgKXSPD_BwE
> )
>
> https://www.summitracing.com/parts/the-11021?rrec=3Dtrue (
> https://www.summitracing.com/parts/the-11021?rrec=3Dtrue)
>
> Good Luck, Tom

 Factory.
> They quickly became distorted and introduced slop into the linkage.
>
> I=E2=80=99m currently using one SU link clip sourced from Richard Good, w=
hich is
> much sturdier and more rust-resistant than the ZS part. I=E2=80=99m also =
using a
> single rigid coupling that I sourced from Grainger. I forget why, but
> installing two shaft linkages was problematic, and the gap between carb
> throttle shafts was too wide to use two SU linkages.
>
> I might have one of each in my spares if you need them.
>
> https://www.grainger.com/search?searchQuery=3Dnomar+clx-5-5-a&searchBar=
=3Dtrue

> https://www.goodparts.com/product/folded-coupler-carb-shaft/
>
> Pix on request=E2=80=A6Tom

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/robertrudolphi@yahoo.com

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/bobfabie@gmail.com

--00000000000004678f05d18920ea

rs ago.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto">Considering the slop in my throttle li=
nkage, I decided to order a replacement from Richard at Goodparts.=C2=A0</d=
iv class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Nov =
24, 2021 at 6:36 AM Tomislav Marincic &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tomislav.marinc=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px=
 #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hello Robert,<br>
=C2=A0<br>
I&#39;ll snap you a photo of the barrel linkage in place. One of them works=
, but if I recall correctly, there was no way to use two and get them insta=
lled without removing the carbs=C2=A0and linkage.<br>
=C2=A0<br>
I Jet Hot coated both of my manifolds, and wrapped the exhaust header in Th=
ermo-Tec=C2=A0exhaust tape. The Jet Hot keeps the manifolds looking nice, a=
nd keeps the header from corroding, but it won&#39;t cure your fuel cook-of=
f problems. Your best bet is one of Joe Alexander&#39;s heat shields, which=
 I think are being sold through Moss as well. <a href=3D"https://mossmotors=
.com/aluminum-heat-shield-by-a-r-e-for-zenith-stromberg-carbs?utm_source=3D=
feed&amp;utm_medium=3Dfree&amp;utm_campaign=3Dshopping&amp;gclid=3DEAIaIQob=
ChMI4v7154Cx9AIVhcqGCh0tWAy8EAQYAiABEgKXSPD_BwE" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">https://mossmotors.com/aluminum-heat-shield-by-a-r-e-for-zenith=
-stromberg-carbs?utm_source=3Dfeed&amp;utm_medium=3Dfree&amp;utm_campaign=
=3Dshopping&amp;gclid=3DEAIaIQobChMI4v7154Cx9AIVhcqGCh0tWAy8EAQYAiABEgKXSPD=
_BwE</a> (<a href=3D"https://mossmotors.com/aluminum-heat-shield-by-a-r-e-f=
or-zenith-stromberg-carbs?utm_source=3Dfeed&amp;utm_medium=3Dfree&amp;utm_c=
ampaign=3Dshopping&amp;gclid=3DEAIaIQobChMI4v7154Cx9AIVhcqGCh0tWAy8EAQYAiAB=
EgKXSPD_BwE" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://mossmotors.com/al=
uminum-heat-shield-by-a-r-e-for-zenith-stromberg-carbs?utm_source=3Dfeed&am=
p;utm_medium=3Dfree&amp;utm_campaign=3Dshopping&amp;gclid=3DEAIaIQobChMI4v7=
154Cx9AIVhcqGCh0tWAy8EAQYAiABEgKXSPD_BwE</a>)<br>
=C2=A0<br>
"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.summitracing.com/parts/the-11021=
?rrec=3Dtrue</a> (<a href=3D"https://www.summitracing.com/parts/the-11021?r=
rec=3Dtrue" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.summitracing.c=
om/parts/the-11021?rrec=3Dtrue</a>)<br>
=C2=A0<br>
Good Luck, Tom<br>
=C2=A0<br>
=C2=A0<br>
=C2=A0<br>
=C2=A0<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
To follow up on this I am having my carbs rebuilt this winter (Joe Curto) a=
nd was thinking about have the intake and stock exhaust manifolds Jet coate=
d. I am trying to reduce hard starting when hot. Would also like to get the=
 throttle linkages re-plated/refinished and was wondering what is the best =
way to go?<br>
=C2=A0<br>
Thanks in advance for any feedback<br>
=C2=A0<br>
Robert<br>
=C2=A0<br>
=C2=A0<br>
=C2=A0<br>
=C2=A0<br>
=C2=A0<br>
On Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 12:13:49 PM EST, Tomislav Marincic wrote:<br=

=C2=A0<br>
=C2=A0<br>
=C2=A0<br>
=C2=A0<br>
=C2=A0<br>
=C2=A0<br>
When I set up my dual ZS175=E2=80=99s I used new link clips from Roadster F=
actory. They quickly became distorted and introduced slop into the linkage.=
=C2=A0<br>
I=E2=80=99m currently using one SU link clip sourced from Richard Good, whi=
ch is much sturdier and more rust-resistant than the ZS part. I=E2=80=99m a=
lso using a single rigid coupling that I sourced from Grainger. I forget wh=
y, but installing two shaft linkages was problematic, and the gap between c=
arb throttle shafts was too wide to use two SU linkages.<br>
=C2=A0<br>
I might have one of each in my spares if you need them.<br>
=C2=A0<br>
p;searchBar=3Dtrue" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.graing=
er.com/search?searchQuery=3Dnomar+clx-5-5-a&amp;searchBar=3Dtrue</a><br>
=C2=A0<br>
l=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.goodparts.com/product/folded=
-coupler-carb-shaft/</a><br>
=C2=A0<br>