questions on weber DGV

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: questions on weber DGV
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 07:12:55 -0700
Hi Gang, I don't know if anyone's out there today but I just thought I
would ask a few dumb questions.
I'm running the weber DGV 32/36 on a series four manifold on my series V
1725 and when I'm driving and cut in the secondaries I get bad detonation,
power falls off, so I have to let up a little on the gas pedal and then she
comes back to life a little.  She run's fine on the primaries, gets good
milage and everything.  So I'm assuming that I need to upgrade my fuel
delvery system with an electric fuel pump.  I'm still running the stock
manual pump on the engine.  My question is can I use an electric pump in
conjunction with the stock pump or is it better to block it off?  Also what
kind of pumps have you all used and where did you mount it?  Any imput
would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Armand

ritchie@mcn.org