Brake M/C advice.

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake M/C advice.
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 14:04:12 -0500
Thanks for all the great advice! I pulled the brake line fitting off the
rear center underboot area and the fuel poured freely from the cross-bar
between the tanks. The line from there forward was blocked. We applied some
compressed air and got a very slow dribble out the back of the fuel line:
some really nasty grunge that was not fuel soluble. We attached a funnel to
the front fuel line and poured boiling water through the line and then blew
it out with the air while it was still hot. Three times did the trick; the
last time neither the water nor the air brought any more crud out and both
flowed freely.

I reconnected the fitting at the back and we filled the tanks with fresh
fuel. We will be replacing the high-pressure fuel pump (added by the GDPO
when he removed the mechanical pump) with a FACET 7 or 10 pound pump and a
fuel-pressure regulator (the setup I use on both the Victor TF and the
Cooper S).

Gary was told the car is a series 4 and the engine is a series 5.

Here are links to photos of the engine compartment:

The M/C mounting position: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/MC01.jpg

Where I think the reservoir might mount:
http://www.rocky-frisco.com/MC02.jpg

The booster: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/MC03.jpg

The VIN Plate: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/VIN01.jpg

-Rock
--
Ask your ISP to amend its TOS & assess fines for spamming and serious
abuse. Clean up the net without government intervention. Pass it on.