Thermo fans

To: TYang@compuserve.com
Subject: Thermo fans
From: "Paul Heuer" <p_heuer@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 08:58:56 CST
Tom,
Saw your post on thermo fans.
I've fitted twin thermo fans to my S3. I made up a frame which fitted in
front of the radiator (under the scuttle where the bonnet hinges) and bolts
to four extra tapped holes which are near to the radiator mounting holes.
The frame carries the twin fans, and has brackets on it for the thermo
switch, relays and an inline fuse. The copper temp sensor is the type like
Vic described, which I didn't think would work but has so far. I actually
passed the sensor through the fins and slipped it into the top hose from the
underside of the hose so you couldn't see it. The relays, fuse and thermo
switch adjustment can easily be reached just above the horn on the left side
of the car (passenger side for us Aussies), so if you need to work on it on
the road you are away from the traffic. All in all it's a very tidy
arrangement, the main giveaway is the lack of an engine-driven fan.
Cheers,
Paul.