Re: "TROUBLESHOOTING LOW OIL PRESSURE"

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "TROUBLESHOOTING LOW OIL PRESSURE"
From: "Steve Griffing" <bartdog@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 07:25:11 -0400
Important safety tip, Whatever you are putting together.

When you take that shiney new oil pump out of the box, the one that is still
wrapped in the funky brown paper, yeah, the one that has never seen the
light of day let alone been bolted on an engine,
the fasteners that hold it together are tight.

This lesson learned of course the hard way.  Start up and break in went fine
but, I had a slow and continuing decline in Oil pressure.  I took the engine
apart to find what I could have done wrong.  Well, the bearings showed signs
of "Low oil pressure" but not to bad.  The cam, bearings, and lifters looked
good.  As I put the wrench on the fasteners to see what could possibly be
wrong inside the pump, I found the problem.

This definitely gets added to my assembly check-list.