Re: leaky water pump

To: "Scott Donnelly" <oharajem@free.midcoast.com>,
Subject: Re: leaky water pump
From: "Sergio Dimarmo" <iwander@att.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 08:17:12 -0700
I had the  same thought years ago, that's why I have a few old water pumps
in storage. If/when new pumps are no longer available or get too expensive
to replace, it should be possible to find bearing replacements a bearing
supply house.

Here's a short story:

My sister works at my parents Italian restaurant and the pizza oven motor
bearings went bad. The service guy told them $500 to replace the motor but
tried to sell them a new oven for $1500. We took the motor out, got the
number off the bearings and called a local supply house. I told them it was
from a pizza oven motor and we needed sealed bearings with hi temp grease.
They did not have them in stock but got them the next day.....$8 each. Put
the motor back in and we're cookin' :-)

PS.....I also picked up some bearings for the central vacuum motor, the
estimate for a new motor was $300 and I got the bearings for $4 each. The
way I see it, they owe me a lot of free food.