Interesting question on the Hillman list

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Interesting question on the Hillman list
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:33:03 EDT
Subj:    "Hillman - " hillman/aston martin
Date:   8/21/00 6:40:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time
From:   justice660@hotmail.com (J ustin)
Sender: owner-hillman@can-inc.com
To: hillman@can-inc.com

This message forwarded by the Hillman List.

Hi.
    All of the 1725 Aluminium cylinder heads I've seen here in Australia have
"AM" cast into the side of them.  I recently had the chance to have a good
look over a DB3 and noticed that the exact same symbol is all over the DB3's
engine.  Does the AM on these Hillman heads stand for Aston Martin? Were
they cast at the same plant?  Or is it just a co-incidence?

...Justin