Laguna Seca Historic Auto Races

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Laguna Seca Historic Auto Races
From: william.lewis@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:32:03 -0700
Carl
     I was at Laguna Seca and met Don and Susan Stephan.  He was obviously
pre-occupied with race preparation as he was up next.  They also had a
friend's son fall off his bike and hit his head.  No major damage.  Just a
small scrap and bump, but because it occured during an event, the officials
called the medical people in to check the boy out.
     Susan was very social and it is clear she really loves her Series I.
Don says he met Ken Miles.  I have encouraged them to get on the Newsgroup
and relay his stories to us.  Susan seemed very interested and I think she
would love to have other Alpine folks out at the races to cheer her husband
on.
     Don was doing very well in the race for the first half and was chasing
a twin cam MGA.  Something must have happened, though, because he started
losing ground in the last few laps.  Do you know if he was having trouble?
I never went back into the pits after the race to talk to him.
Bill Lewis