RE: Alpine Racer Needs HELP !!!!!

To: alpines <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Alpine Racer Needs HELP !!!!!
From: Thomas Wiencek <wiencek@anl.gov>
Date: 24 Aug 00 10:52:32 -0500
This modification is covered in the factory Special tuning (racing) Series II
book.  Sunbeam specialties sells reprints.  Great book!
------------------------------
Date: 8/24/00 10:38 AM
To: Wiencek, Thomas
From: Jay_Laifman

>I have broken two rear ends. One each at the last two events.
>The first is a modified alpine rear end that had for axle tubes and ford
>axles installed with the spiders welded.

>The second was a open differential stock alpine rear end.

>I need something better and I need it quick.

>What are my choices and who can supply them?

I don't have any information on alternatives.  However, I do recall at the
end of the "Classic Sunbeam" book he talks about performance modifications
- one of which was some sort of baffles welded in to the Alpine rear end to
keep the oil from flying out to the ends and emptying where it was needed.

Maybe this could help keep your rear ends alive.

Jay