Re: Wire Wheel Paint

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Paint
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:15:33 -0500
I had a wire wheel with very good original paint on it. It came off of a 15,000
mile Series II that I had. I took the spare tire... which had never been on the
ground, and had Jan match the paint...EXACTLY! Spot on, as Jan would say.
Contact Jan for the formula. jumpinjan@sunbeamalpine.org

I would also like to add that the Eastwood color isn't a direct match for the
color used on the original wire wheels.

Ian Spencer
Client Services
Alliance Business Center
Health Alliance
(513) 585-7123

Paul writes:

>Hi, Does anyone know what the color of the paint
>is for Wire Wheels? hardware store silver it is not.
>thank you

It seems that about once every 3 weeks I get another Eastmans catalog.
And, about once every 3 weeks, I skim through it, despite it always
appearing to be the exact same catalog on the inside as the last one.

That being said, they do show a can of spray paint they sell which they
claim is the correct color and texture for wire wheels.

Of course I don't happen to have one here at work to give you a number or
web site.

Jay