Coolaire Air Conditioner

To: Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Coolaire Air Conditioner
From: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 07:55:05 -0400
Has anyone (Ed) ever seen the Coolaire air conditioning unit made for
the Sunbeam Alpine in the early '60's. This unit hangs from the dash
similar to the factory radio assembly and really has a factory look to
it. Very "cool" if you ask me. :-)

The reason I ask is because I just acquired one of these units this
weekend. It is complete with the installation manual and shows it
installed in a Series IV Automatic!
I scanned a picture from the install manual that shows what this thing
looks like. You can find it at
http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/air/air_cond.jpg  I'm vey excited to have
stumbled across this little gem nd I'm interested to learn more about
it. - Ian