Alternator shop and Alt number

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator shop and Alt number
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:23:26 -0700
I went to the alternator shop.  They said that amps were fine but the volts
were not perfect, so they replaced the voltage regulator.  I'll see tonight
when I put it back on - or I guess tomorrow when I drive it.  But, would
the voltage regulator affect the amps?

If it is true that the amps are fine, my only other possibility is my less
than one year old battery that sat for a month while I got the headers to
fit, etc., is drawing 20+ amps to charge and really hasn't made much if any
headway during a week of driving to work everyday.  I don't ever recall
having a battery take so long.

Any thoughts?  I guess I'll know some more tomorrow.

One more thing, while I was waiting, I had them look at their books to tell
me the number of the alternator.  It is the same as the Hitachi number:
14231.  He even showed me the picture in the book.

Jay