Re: Brake booster

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake booster
From: "Rick Ehlert" <ricke@idcnet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:29:05 -0500
No, that spring does not come in the kit!  Somebody out there should have
one for sale though.  Also, regarding the kit, the rubber piece that is
inserted underneath the leather outer piston seal, to make good vacuum, is
too damn thick!!  It will cause the piston to stick, and stick your brakes
on!!!  I tell you from experience!  Someone on the list warned me, and I
forgot when rebuliding the unit.  Trim the rubber piece to half it's
thickness, then install!!  The rest of the kit is quite easy.

Rick Ehlert
'65 MGB Mk1
'66 Sunbeam Alpine V (sadly, sold)