RE: Pertronics Problems

To: CANISDOG@aol.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Pertronics Problems
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:19:44 -0800
Paul,

>The problem is Jarrid, with the Pertronic unit, (magnet) you can't tell
when the contact is just right like with >points.  The base plate for the
pick-up is mounted in the exsisting holes and cannot be moved to a position
>needed.
>I'm ready to go back to points.
>
>Paul

Oh, but you can tell.

Pull off the cap, pull the coil High tension cable, and allow it to sit near
a safe ground.

Rotate the engine slowly (by hand) till you hear the tick, or see the spark.
Stop rotation when you see/hear it.
Mark the rotor agains the pertronics unit.

The procede to the original istructions.

Dont go back to points just yet, I went through much more grief in
installing
the crane cams/allison ignition system in my pine.
Ended up having to make my own base plate adapter after fighting these same
issues.
After it was done, havent even check the ignition since (no need to).

Jarrid