RE: No Alpine Content-Platinum Tipped Spark Plugs

To: Thomas Wiencek <wiencek@anl.gov>,
Subject: RE: No Alpine Content-Platinum Tipped Spark Plugs
From: Aaron Sudds <asudds@mio.ten.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:28:55 -0500
They are not worth the extra money unless you have a vehicle that is VERY
difficult to change plugs in, normally a plug that is in an alloy head for
the kind of time like a platinum plug is supposed to be good for ends up
getting carboned up on the threads and when you remove it cuts the alloy
threads in the head requiring an insert to install the new on... Point is
change cheap plugs often as in the case of my 911 every 15000 miles with a
valve adjustment and new filters.

Aaron T. Sudds
Sunbeam Alpine V
Porsche 911 cab