Re: Talbot sunbeam lotus on ebay

To: alpines@autox.team.net (Alpines)
Subject: Re: Talbot sunbeam lotus on ebay
From: tjhiggin@chris.iss.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 00 11:28:33 CST
>  This car on ebay, I want one, a friend of mine got a ride in one of
> these in England last summer and still talks about it said the
> acceleration is beyond Tiger like. Somehow I do not think getting it
> here would be easy not sure what you would have to go through, but I
> have been good.. maybe Santa could get it in on his sled. Jim

Funny, this car was mentioned on the Jensen list, too, since the Lotus
911 engine in the S-T is directly descended from the Lotus 907 in the
Jensen-Healey.  I've driven a JH, that engine is majorly sweet.

I don't think bringing the car into the US would be very difficult as
long as you dealt with a reputable and experienced importer.  While
the S-T looks nice, I think I'd rather have a Jensen GT.
--
T.J. Higgins
tjhiggin@ingr.com