Re: [Float Needle Valve]

To: LynnC7738@aol.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Float Needle Valve]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 18 Dec 00 09:33:58 EST
Is this happening after the engine is shut down or when it is running?

Jan

LynnC7738@aol.com wrote:
I'm having trouble getting the needle valve that's operated by the float to
seat. I've put in a new seat, and a new float, on the advice of my mechanic,
but I'm still getting fuel dripping into the intake. This is only happening
on the back carb   which is a Zenith , on my Series I Alpine. Of course it
results in flooding. Has  anyone had a similar problem? I've "addjusted" the
float by bending the   tab that the needle  hangs from but it still leaks.
Ideas?
Lynn
Series I