150 hp Alpine, Addendum

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: 150 hp Alpine, Addendum
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 13:36:42 -0800
You know, I don't think I actually made the point I intended to make.

My point is don't spend any of that money unless you know what it is you
will be doing with the car and what you want out of the car.  After
spending all that time and money, I'm now more of the opinion that if you
are not actually going to race the car, accept it for what it is, keep it
stock, and by all means enjoy it (for those that have problems with the
Strombergs, I understand the single down draft Weber is a nice solution,
though not really for power, except in comparison to old carbs that were
not working properly).  All those changes are not going to make it
competitive with many of today's family sedans.  So what would be the
point?  If you are going to race it, be sure to know the rules for the
group or groups you will be racing with.  Plenty of those changes are
simply not allowed and will get you disqualified.  So, again, what would be
the point?  If you want a car that is fast and competitive with modern
machines, don't spend the time on an old lowly Alpine.  Go get yourself a
modern car.

That was the point I intended.

Jay