Re: [150 hp from an Alpine]

To: jan.eyerman@usa.net
Subject: Re: [150 hp from an Alpine]
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 13:58:14 -0800
Jan asks:
>For street use has anyone tried supercharrging or
>turbocharging???  Given the robustness of the Rootes
>engines, this would seem like a natural.  Of course
>where would you put the blower.... in the passenger's seat??

I haven't heard about it being done.  However, if someone is interested in
doing it, I have a Rayjay turbo with Mikuni carb set up that was on a VW
Bug available for $500.  I have no doubt you could fit it in there.

Actually, it's my dad's.  So you can contact him directly if you want it.
He pulled out the VW engine and installed a Fiero GT V6 on the kit car we
built.

Jay