RE: Distributor Question

To: Thomas Wiencek <wiencek@anl.gov>, Alpine List
Subject: RE: Distributor Question
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:46:09 -0800
>I have a related question.  Will a 1725 distributor fit on a 1600?  Will a
Series IV distrb. (electric tach.)  fit >on a Series II-III 1600?

Not exactly.
Mounting a 1725 dist on a 3 main involves making a spacer,
although I dont recall if its the 1725 or the 3 main that has
the oil drive gear sticking out of the block.

Anyhow, early "tach drive" dists can be run on a 1725, and
later dists can be run on early engines.

One requires an extention plate fitted between the dist
and the block, and the other requres an extention to the
dist drive cog on the oil pump.

Both have been done succesfully.

Jarrid