Sebring

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Sebring
From: GSTROM99@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:07:11 EST
I just got back from the Sebring 12 hour race event.  What an experience
(first time for me)!  The track reminds me a lot of Road America (without the
elevation changes).  Looks like a lot of fun to drive.  Listening to the
corner net, I was NOT impressed with their (Central Florida Region SCCA) call
in's however...

We were sitting near turn 5, when #15 silver Porsche (GTS) spun, drivers
right and into the tire wall HARD(!)  He then continued, without any real
point.  The call in (from corner 3...) didn't even mention the heavy impact
with the wall, and station 5 never mentioned or corrected 'em.  Unbelievable.
 They also don't do a course clearance before sessions (that I ever heard)
and never called in multiple other 2 and 4 "wheels off", cars pulling off at
their station, and they even use the word "tire" all the time!!

No Sunbeams were racing in the HSR sessions/races (why not??), but  I still a
great time!  I also bought a copy of "The Last Open Road" from and got it
signed by Bert Levy too.

Gary