Fuel Pump

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Pump
From: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:13:03 +1100
I got to the point of starting the motor on the S3 rebuild the other day
but the fuel pump decided not to.  Seems it can't get petrol into the
suction chamber, even though I took the bowl off and put petrol into the
inlet chamber directly above it.  The pushrod operates the diaphragm so
it's either a dud diaphragm not creating suction or the inlet valve is
stuck.  The diaphragm looks ok.  Any Ideas?

Thanks

Vic

Series 3, Blood Red, Born Friday the 13th September 1963, what should I
call it?