Re: [Alpine GT]

To: "Robert J.Jaarsma" <jaars@cyberportal.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Alpine GT]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 23 Mar 2001 19:27:08 EST
Rootes did.  The car was designed for a stillborn 3 liter V6 that Rootes was
designing.  It almost reached production in 1971 or so but was killed at the
last minute by Chrysler.  That is why that engine compartment of teh Alpine GT
is so wide.  Unfortunately, like the US Chrysler "R" car thatw as supposed to
use the 1725 engine, I have not been able to find out anything else about it.
Robson mentions it in his book "Cars of the Rootes Group".

You might want to contact Tom, he had to beef up the front suspension of his
Alpine GT.

Jan Eyerman

"Robert J.Jaarsma" <jaars@cyberportal.net> wrote:
Has anybody transplanted a V6 or V8 in a ' 69 ALPINE GT ?

I wound up with such an Alpine and consider putting more horses in it,  f.e.
a 289 Ford.

The only transplant I know about is Tiger Tom's "Roto Rooter" with the Mazda
rotary engine.

Many thanks,
Robert Jaarsma