Re: [Re: Alpine GT]

To: "Doug Ferrell" <midwsunbeam@afo.net>, <TIGEROOTES@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Re: Alpine GT]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 24 Mar 2001 14:09:38 EST
The fellow who wrote the article was a deisgn engineer for Rootes. so he had
access to everything needed (including engineering drawings).

Jan

"Doug Ferrell" <midwsunbeam@afo.net> wrote:
There was an article in the Sunbeam Rapier Owner's Club (SROC)newsletter,
"Cut and Thrust," about a 289-powered Fastback done by a gent in England
back in the late 60's. He actually ordered and received a bare Fastback
bodyshell from Rootes and bought a NOS Tiger II 289 engine and toploader
tranny from Rootes, too! However, the bodyshell required extensive
modifications; welding, cutting, and strengthening, as a Fastback suspension
is not strong enough (from the factory) for this conversion. I have owned
(4) Fastbacks in my life, and have always thought this would be great! I do
have a copy of the article about this. FYI.

Doug Ferrell,
Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A.