Re: Oil in distant drums

To: lauri lehtinen <lauri@lorenzo.pp.fi>
Subject: Re: Oil in distant drums
From: Roger Gibbs <rgibbs@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 17:43:29 -0700
Dishwashing soap (at least in the USA) is a caustic soap, when  heated it
makes an excellent degreaser.  This will likely get the linings cleaner than
using a solvent cleaning method.  On the metal drums solvent cleaning would be
my choice.

Be careful though - it is possible to clean the surface of the linings and
still have oil left in the subsurface. This oil may migrate to the surface at
a later time and can significantly reduce the braking efficiency.

If it were me I would replace the linings.

-Roger