Re: [Re: Oil in distant drums]

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Re: Oil in distant drums]
From: Roger Gibbs <rgibbs@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 18:43:56 -0700
True, alchohol (and some other solvents) will evaporate completely leaving no
alcohol residue.  This presumes that in the final wash there is no oil in
solution.

Dishwasher powder is a pretty effective cleaner, and if rinsed with clean water
will leave no residue.  Metal plating and aluminum anodizing require extreme
cleanliness and both processes typically use a caustic wash, follwed with a
water rinse as the final cleaning step.

I agree that oil contaminated linings shoiuld be replaced, in this case the
request was for thoughts to get past an inspection.