Re: 1725cc motor x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "Alexander Adan" <adadan@sfsu.edu>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1725cc motor x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Greg Locke" <glocke@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 21:18:14 +1200
Hi Alex

I've made a few measurements over the years and estimate the rest as follows
(estimates have an * beside them) Sorry it is in kilograms, Multiply by 2.21
to get pounds

empty block                                42
crank                                           15
steel sump                                    3
rods and pistons etc                   5
flywheel                                        10
alloy head                                    10
cam, timing gear etc                   7*
rocker gear, lifters etc                 3*
oil, water, fuel pumps                  5*
side plates, rocker cover etc      4*
exhaust manifold                          3*
inlet manifold, carbs                    4*
other bits and pieces                  3*

        total                                     114kg, or about 250lb.

I apologise if any of my guesses are way out...This seems a little heavier
than I would have expected... can anybody see where I may be in error? The
generator and starter motors both weigh about 5kg each.

Greg