Tech Tip this week

To: Message Alpine <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tech Tip this week
From: Thomas Wiencek <wiencek@anl.gov>
Date: 05 Jun 2001 09:08:04 -0500
Our Tech Tip this week is from Thomas Keith - Thanks Tom

Installing  the new rubber seat diaphragms in  seats can be much easier with a
simple tool to grab the metal hooks.  Having tried various pliers, vise grips,
screwdrivers, etc.,  I  found it much better just to make a very simple tool
from a screw-in hook from a hardware store.  I fashioned a straight wood handle
about 8 inches long to fit  my grip and then just screwed  a 2-inch hook
securely  into one end.  You can grab those hooks in a strong new  diaphragm
and stretch 'em right over the tiny holes in the seat frame, easy as pie, with
no cussing.