Re: [Muffler]

To: "Vladimir Broz" <a66beamer@hotmail.com>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Muffler]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 8 Jun 2001 23:30:35 EDT
I have a great deal of success with two combinations.  The first was simply
two "Thrush" classic glass packs in line.  This sounded great but was rather
loud.  The second was a Thrush "Turbo" up front followed by a Thrush glass
pack behind it.  This sounded very good and was not too loud under most
conditions.  You might want to try either a small resonator behind the rear
wheels or a regular Thrush glass pack behind the muffler.

Jan

"Vladimir Broz" <a66beamer@hotmail.com> wrote:
My SV is currently running a UK manufactured exhaust system whose muffler
emits a rather loud "reedy" note when the "pedal is to the metal".  Is
anyone familiar with a brand of muffler that would deepen the sound.  Not
necessarily a "basso profundo", but less "step-on-the-tail-of-the-cat" and
more Tiger-like.

And a hearty thanks to all who offered servo advice.

All the best, Vlad