Re: Sunbeam Invasion and rotor question

To: palmjeld@home.com (Paul and Susan Almjeld)
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Invasion and rotor question
From: rnanzig@webtv.net (robert nanzig)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:20:04 -0400 (EDT)
Paul,  Sorry to hear of your breakdown. I thought your car felt very
solid as I rode navigator with you in the poker run.
    I too had a breakdown but not nearly as severe. I drove 740 miles
during the weekend and with about 13 miles to go my engine quit. Under
ominous skies and an impending storm I was able to determine there was
no spark at the plugs so I tried a spare rotor and the engine roared
back to life.
     Once home I cleaned up the failed rotor ( it only has 5000 miles on
it ) but the car will still not run with it. It runs fine with the
spare.
     What can possibly go wrong with a rotor?

Rob Nanzig
67SV