Invasion what fun

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Invasion what fun
From: <ellis838@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:56:32 -0400
 My hat is off to Ian and those who helped put the event on, if you were
not there you missed out on a great event. I have never seen so many
Alpines in one place.  The race car was not to be believed, it made me
smile just to look at it and when Steve fired it up the smile just got
bigger. I even got a ride, thanks Steve. The auction had some real deals
and the parts vendors were fantastic. I loaded my Alpine to the max with
bits that were every one a bargain, some even free, and I made it home.
Though I heard there were bets being made to the contrary, could have
used a trailer. I want to thank Russ for the oil pressure relief valve,
my modified one was sticking open off and on for the trip there, will
stick with a stock unit for the future. The trip home was not with out
event, speedo quit, temp gauge died, and a wire fell of the alternator,
but hay in 1200 miles round trip for a newly installed engine/trans I
will take it... great cars great people endless talk about Sunbeams, the
late night hotel parking lot bench racing, even saw an Alpine with a
chevy harmonic balancer and oil seal, what fun.  Thanks again to those
who made it possible. Jim